Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Oreo Cake

Lots of baking in one weekend...

So, my third and final post of the day!  You may remember that my friends, Maureen & Andy, had bought me the Oreo Cake Mold from Williams Sonoma a few months back.  Considering that we were heading to their house yesterday to see some out of town friends, I thought I'd give it another whirl.  This time, I followed the recipe on the back of the box.  This cake is a little different in that it is a little drier and sturdier than most cakes...but it tastes just like an oreo cookie!  I followed the recipe for the icing, as well, but I crushed up some oreos and mixed them in.  We weren't able to hang out long enough to try the cake, but hopefully we'll get a report back that it tasted ok!




Doesn't that frosting look delicious?

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome cake pan!!! I bet it was delicious, sure looks like it would be!

    ReplyDelete