Saturday, July 10, 2010

Creme Brulee

I finally made a decent Creme Brulee!!

Seriously, I've tried to make creme brulee several times, and it never works out quite right.  Its either not done, too done or just plain gross.  There was the time I tried to make a triple chocolate creme brulee for my friend, Katie, and her husband...we call that chocolate soup now.  Or the time I tried to make pumpkin pie creme brulee and forgot to add sugar.  Creme Brulee and I have had a difficult relationship.  Until today...we made ammends.  I stuck with a simple vanilla bean recipe out of the cookbook that came with my torch that I bought several years ago with dreams of weekly creme brulee in my head.   The only part that didn't quite work out was that all of the vanilla beans were on the bottom of the ramekins instead of mixed in with the custard.  Hmmmm.....any ideas on how to fix that?


A nice crispy crust on top. 


Creamy deliciousness in the middle. 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your success. For those who don't want to venture creme brulee on their own (or perhaps just want a shortcut once in a while), there is a terrific creme brulee mix at http://www.InspiredCuisine.com. It's all natural, too.

    ReplyDelete