Saturday, January 22, 2011

A review, and Happy Birthday, Jess!

The Barefoot Contessa Rocks...


My friend, co-worker, and fellow gestatation buddy turned 27 this week, and I thought I'd make her a yummy treat to get through the long work day.  I've had a box of cupcake mix from the Barefoot Contessa that my cousin gave me a little while ago.  I've been wanting to try it out, but the box only makes 12 cupcakes, so I was waiting for a time when I only needed a half dozen.  This was the perfect chance! 



As I've mentioned previously, I'm not usually a fan of the boxed mixes, but this one was great.  It called for real butter instead of oil that most boxes require.  I also liked that it came with a mix for the buttercream frosting.  Everything came out moist and fresh, which tasted delicious, but made it a little difficult to decorate.  The cake was so light that when I went to decorate, some of the cake was coming apart.  So, I had to stick with a simple design.



Can you see how creamy the frosting was?  Soooo yummy.  These were a mess to eat, but worth it!  They were perfect to snack on after lunch!


Happy Birthday, Jess!  I hope it was a great day!  Next year, you'll get to celebrate with your adorable little girl!



1 comment:

  1. So it may be a fitting thing to start a second career. Good luck with that. The reason why audemars piguet replica items as mentioned in the breitling replica uk are sought after is due to the fragility of bakelite in said applications, in no way is it because it is a superior material. It is basically pretty bad plastic, before rolex submariner replica were industrialised as an alternative. The use on this watch is nostalgic and odd. Not only is it a spectacular way to tell the world that you make poor purchasing decisions, but it also simultaneously a unique conversation starter provided that conversation revolves around terrible rolex replica. And very often, after several minutes of watching, I tell myself that the film negative of what I am watching should never seen light. Probably preferred by people who have a lot of swiss replica watches to spend on a dress watch, and want one from brand that everyone will recognise.

    ReplyDelete