Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday, Meah.

Meah turns 1.

A friend of mine's niece turns one this weekend, and she and her boyfriend asked me to make a cake and cupcakes to commemorate the occasion.  The only direction they gave was that she was turning one and she is very "girly."  I did some  googling and came up with a cute but simple idea.  Again, I stuck with chocolate cake and vanilla cupcakes, since most kids like simple flavors.  Again, I used Martha's Fluffy Vanilla Icing recipe, which I think is the easiest to work with and tastes fantastic.  All of the other details are made of fondant...


Its snowing here, which always puts me in the mood for baking...


I think the look of the daisies is simple and cute.


I really wanted the cupcakes to coordinate with the cake, and I think it turned out great.


The cake...


The cute little teddy bear...I am digging teddy bears these days and have been wanting to do something with them on a cake...


I asked Matt to come up with a cake board for me since I ran out of them and didn't want to run out to the store in the snow.  This is what he came up with.  Cute, right? 

Happy 1st Birthday, Meah!

No comments:

Post a Comment