Saturday, January 8, 2011

Auntie Anne's Pretzels...

Snow Day Baking...


I verged from my usual snow day baking routine.  Usually, I bake cookies.  However, I am a a little cookied-out after Christmas.  So, I decided to try the Auntie Anne's Pretzel baking kit I bought a few weeks ago at the grocery store.  It was on sale, and I thought I'd save it for the perfect day, which turned out to be today!  These were so easy to make, and I have to tell you...taste EXACTLY like Auntie Anne's!  I made mostly regular pretzels and a few cinnamon & sugar ones. 



I got this on sale for $2.99.  And it made a ton...not a bad deal, instead of spending who knows how much a pop at the mall!


The cinnamon & sugar pretzels.  I made these ones a little smaller, and made a few less, since I knew Matt wouldn't eat them.  More for me :)


Can you see all that delicious cinnamon & sugar?



Here are the plain pretzels.  Matt LOVED them.  I think he's willing to forgo dinner tonight in order to consume all of these.


The butter and salt really make these extra yummy.

Matt loved these so much that he wasn't so happy that I took a small plateful over to our neighbors.  My usually generous husband was a little greedy!  These were so easy to make that I may try to follow the recipe from my bread maker to make pretzels from scratch next time!


1 comment:

  1. We're glad you found our At-Home Baking Kit! You can make much more than pretzels with this Kit. Be sure to check out www.auntieannesrecipes.com. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete