Thursday, April 1, 2010

Hoppy Easter!

Homemade Easter Candy

Growing up, my mom was amazing at making holidays extra special.  Her handmade treats, beautiful decorations and holiday traditions always made me feel festive and loved.  Easter always included dying Easter eggs, making homemade Easter candy, and a competitive Easter morning egg hunt that sometimes resulted in injuries.  Now that we are all adults (the youngest in the family is about to turn 30...EEK!), my mom continues the traditions on Easter.  We still dye eggs, and we still have a hunt.  However, the prizes now include alcohol intead of candy....who doesn't want to search for eggs in the hope of winning a bottle of wine?  This year, I have been pretty bummed because we are not going to be able to make the treck to see my parents in Raleigh with everyone for Easter.  So... I decided to cheer myself up by making the Easter Candy my mom made every year.  I emailed her for the recipe, and as it turns out, it is simply a variation on the Irish Potato Candies I made a month ago.  The flavors include buttercream, coconut cream, and peanut butter (the peanut butter always went VERY fast in our house).


Peanut Butter with Milk Chocolate


Coconut Cream with Semi-Sweet Chocolate


Isn't the dish adorable?  It was in our Easter "Basket"  from my mom and dad.

3 comments:

  1. I would like to volunteer my discriminating palate as a taste tester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison, those look amazing! Have a great long Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful candies. I agree, the homemade candies always made Easter special.

    ReplyDelete