Thursday, April 29, 2010

Another (semi) cake fail...

Book club oops!

I borrowed an Ice Cream Cone cake pan from my sister-in-law a few weeks ago.  (Have you checked out her blog?  You should.  She rocks.) It looked so cute, and I couldn't resist.  I figured I'd make them for book club tonight.  Well, in theory...they are cute.  The problem?  They cannot stand on their own!  Right now they look okay, but I guarantee that they will not survive the drive over to Jen & Mandy's house.  The good thing is, they taste amazing!  It is yellow cake recipe with Martha Stewart's Swiss Meringue Butter Cream frosting.  Delish!  


Looks cute, right?  Not so much when I couldn't figure out how to transport them...



See?  Awful.  Hopefully the girls won't mind.



3 comments:

  1. They are cute! maybe next time put them back into the pan they cooked in for transport?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you they wouldn't stand up! :) Maybe transporting/displaying in cupcake boxes would work? I haven't made them again since the first time I used them and had the same experience. They are too cute and yummy to not make them again...we have to come up with a solution!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can buy cardboard cupcake holders to transport your cupackes. Each cardboard sheet is $.39 and you can hold six in each one. You can buy it at any candy/cake decorating supply store. I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete