Saturday, December 19, 2009

Red Velvet Cupcakes

All cupcaked up and nowhere to go...

There is no doubt about it...I have a love affair with snow.  It makes me smile, and there is something so cozy about baking while the snow is falling outside.  However, snow has crossed me today.  We had a lovely plan: Bake all day, help my lovely friends, Jen and Mandy, decorate their tree (my new favorite yearly tradition), and lastly, head to my Aunt and Uncle's house for their yearly "Firetruck" Christmas party, where we would be able to see all of my favorite people who have been away at college.  The baking was accomplished, and we made it to our friend's house to decorate the tree.  However, seeing as it took 20 minutes to get to our friends' home when it normally takes 2 minutes, we thought it best not to tempt fate and head to my Aunt and Uncle's.  Turns out, we weren't the only ones who bailed.  My brother, Johnny, was the only one who made it there, and it looks as though he'll be bunking there as well.  And now, at the end of the night, we are left with 12 inches (and counting) of snow, and 24 red velvet cupcakes.  What am I going to do with 24 cupcakes?!  I already took some to neighbors and to Jen and Mandy's.  If you are reading this, and you have access to a snow plow, head on over.  Free cupcakes for all.


Anyway, the cupcakes of the day were red velvet cupcakes with white chocolate cream cheese icing.  I decorated them with white chocolate mint leaves and a peanut M&M.  They sort of look cute; although, I was going for more of a "wreath" look.  Didn't quite turn out that way, but ok none-the-less.



No comments:

Post a Comment