Saturday, May 22, 2010

Christening Cupcakes

God Bless Everly Grace...
Remeber Miss Everly? Well, she was baptised today in a gorgeous heirloom gown that her mother, uncle, and grandfather all wore. Everly's grandmother called me a few weeks ago and asked if I could make cupcakes for the occasion. Well, she left a voicemail at home, which Matt on purpose accidentally deleted. After some research, I found her number and was able to call her back. She asked for some pretty chocolate cupcakes as the cake she was ordering was vanilla; however, she gave me free reign as to how to decorate them. Seeing as Miss Everly is so pretty, I knew they had to be pink! I used a chocolate fudge cake recipe and Martha Stewart's Swiss Meringue Butter Cream. I topped them with pink chocolate crosses and light pink sugar pearls. So sweet and dainty...just like Everly. The cake, in my opinion, was just ok, but the frosting was delicious! If I didn't know how many sticks of butter went into one batch, I'd probably eat it out of a bowl with a spoon!





I found the mold for the chocolates in the stack of ones my mother gave to me a few years ago. 


Here they are displayed next to the beautiful cake at Everly's Grandmother's house...



They seemed to be a hit as there were very few left at the end of the afternoon...

2 comments:

  1. They are lovely! Check out this cupcake blog I just discovered--she is in Paris. http://littlemisscupcakeparis.blogspot.com/ Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! All your work is stunning, though. You've got some mad skillz Ali!

    ReplyDelete