Monday, February 1, 2010

Hard Cider Bread

Magner's Bread


So, I know most people make beer bread, but I don't like beer.  However, I do LOVE Magner's, which is what Bulmer's is called in America.  I fell in love with Bulmer's in Ireland and was heartbroken when I found out you couldn't get it in America.  However, after some research, awesome information from a friend, and the generosity of my brother, I have been able to enjoy a bottle of Magner's from time to time.  I wanted to make some bread to go along with the cheddar fondue I've been craving, so I decided to mix it up and use a  bottle of Magner's instead to add to my beer bread recipe.  It was delicious!!!  Oh, and I made an applewood smoked cheddar and Magner's fondue to go with it.  Add some apples, carrots, and celery, and I was in heaven! 


I'm sorry I didn't take a picture of the fondue, but we were just too excited to eat it while it was hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment