Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My first cake

Karen's Baby Shower

Ok, maybe not my first cake, but the first one I have ever made for a large party.  It was a little over five years ago that Karen was expecting the first great grandchild on my mom's side of the family.  We were super excited and went a litlle overboard with the pink.  I wanted to make the cake, but I had never really made a cake for that amount of people before.  Thank goodness for my mom because I had several freakouts while making it.  In the end, it turned out pretty good, and, oh boy, was it delicious!  It was a three layer neapolitan cake.  It was so moist and delicious.  I have been wanting to post a picture of this cake for awhile, but never had one in my posession.  Luckily, my mom had one and mailed it to me yesterday.  Sorry for the poor quality, but I had to scan it in.  (Well, ok.  Matt scanned it in for me.)  I'm only disappointed that we didn't take a picture of the cake once it was cut.  The inside was just as pretty as the outside.


No comments:

Post a Comment