Sunday, January 24, 2010

Keylime Cupcakes and Brownies

Old College Friends

We spent the evening last night with our college friends, whom we do not get to see nearly enough.  We had a great time telling old stories and reliving the "glory" years.  Makes me feel old when I think that we've been out of college for eight years!  We had pizzas, beers, and a dessert.  It was a great time, and I miss my friends already. 

I found this recipe online for Keylime Cupcakes.  Considering Matt's favorite dessert is Keylime pie, I thought he might like these.  They were the perfect amount of lime flavor...very subtle but delicious! 

Last weekend, Matt and I had a great "date" night where we used up all of the gift cards we've been neglecting since LAST Christmas.  We had a great time going from store to store using up every gift card we had.  My favorite one to use was the Williams Sonoma gift card.  I bought this brownie pan...its sooo cute!  I used the Martha Stewart Fudge Brownie Recipe from her Baking Handbook.  The brownies turned out very chewy and extra rich.  Perfect!



Sorry I didn't put them on a prettier plate, but we were in a rush to get out the door.  I think next time I make them I'm going to wrap them in aluminum foil and make a wrapper like a real chocolate bar.



1 comment:

  1. I love Williams-Sonoma. Love the brownie bar. Have you seen the ice cream cone cupcake pan? You'll need that one in your collection someday!

    ReplyDelete