Saturday, January 9, 2010

Butterfly cupcakes

Happy 5th Birthday, Kate!

My girl, Kate, turns 5 on Sunday.  I cannot believe she was born five years ago!  Insane.   Unlike last year, where she refused to be four, she is quite excited at turning another year.  She was very specific about what type of cupcakes she wanted...chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing,  pink sprinkles and butterflies.  I hope this satisfies her requirements.  I'm not super thrilled with the way they turned out.  I tried to be cute with the roses, and I'm not convinced that it wouldn't have looked better with just piping the icing on in a swirl.  One thing I can be sure about...they are delicious!  I used Martha Stewart's One Bowl Chocolate Cupcake recipe.  YUM!!!  Matt, who is feeling slightly better by the way, went back for seconds...and thirds.  I guess that's a good sign!





1 comment:

  1. wow, they look professional! I'm impressed with the icing. I hope I'll be able to make cupcakes like that for my kids one day :)

    ReplyDelete