Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pink themed baby shower

Pink, pink and more pink...

A few weeks ago, my cousin, Karen, aka my best customer, asked me to make a small cake for a "Sprinkle" she and her friends were throwing for their friend, Deb.  The only theme I was told was "pink" since this will be her first girl after a few boys.  I've been wanting to try a quilting technique I have seen, and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity.  Since these ladies are classy people, I didn't want to "baby" the cake up too much with storks and bears and such.  I just wanted it to be pretty in pink.  I made a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and topped it with pink fondant and candy pearls. 




 I told my cousin to tell people not to look to close.  Its like a Monet, from far away, it looks pretty, but up close its a big old mess.  (Bonus points if you get the movie reference).


I love the quilting technique and hope to perfect it in the near future.


I had some leftover ribon and a cake box.  I always think it makes it extra special when it arrives in a nice package!


And the mommy-to-be.  I've never met you, Deb, but I'm sure your little girl will be precious!  Congratulations!

1 comment: